Reception at Devonshire Hill:
For more information about our current Reception provision please see our ‘Welcome to Reception’ booklet:
Book an Open Day Visit:
We would like to welcome you to visit our school at one of the upcoming Open Days simply follow the link to book online or contact the Main Office using the details below:
T: 020 8808 2053
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Join Our School
For more information about joining our school please visit our Admissions page which outlines details of how to apply for a place at Devonshire Hill.
Our Early Years Foundation Stage aims to:
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum for every child;
- create a happy, caring, secure, stimulating and safe environment for all children;
- develop confidence, independence and a desire to learn;
- develop each child as an individual and match the curriculum to their individual needs
- encourage good social relationships, developing self-esteem and respect for others;
- work in partnership with parents and carers;
- provide a range of learning opportunities including child initiated and adult led;
- enable all teachers to teach as effectively as possible;
- enable all children to learn as effectively as possible;
- give children the skills they require to become successful lifelong learners.
Through our planning we focus initially on the prime areas of learning: Physical Development, Communication and Language and Personal, Social and Emotional Development. As the children move through the Early Years Foundation Stage these prime areas are extended to include the specific areas; Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World and Expressive Art and Design.
We are fully committed to the purpose and aims of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (2014) and we want to ensure that children in our Early Years provision take their first steps on their journeys to becoming Successful Learners.