Our Early Years Foundation Stage aims to:
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum for every child;
- create a happy, caring, secure, stimulating and safe environment for all children;
- develop confidence, independence and a desire to learn;
- develop each child as an individual and match the curriculum to their individual needs
- encourage good social relationships, developing self-esteem and respect for others;
- work in partnership with parents and carers;
- provide a range of learning opportunities including child initiated and adult led;
- enable all teachers to teach as effectively as possible;
- enable all children to learn as effectively as possible;
- give children the skills they require to become successful lifelong learners.
Through our planning we focus initially on the prime areas of learning: Physical Development, Communication and Language and Personal, Social and Emotional Development. As the children move through the Early Years Foundation Stage these prime areas are extended to include the specific areas; Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World and Expressive Art and Design.
We are fully committed to the purpose and aims of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (2014) and we want to ensure that children in our Early Years provision take their first steps on their journeys to becoming Successful Learners.
Please visit our Admissions page for details of the variety of nursery options we offer at Devonshire Hill and how to apply for a Reception place.
Although the submission deadline for Reception has passed, there may still be places available; please contact Haringey School Admissions to register for a place.