The Devonshire Hill Primary and Nursery School is looking for 3 governors to join the Governing Body. We’re looking for different profiles:
- 2 governors won’t need any specific skill other than a link to the local community and an interest in supporting the school; for example, they could be a resident of N17 or neighbouring areas, someone who attended the school as a pupil, or the parent of a previous pupil.
- 1 governor should ideally have professional expertise in fundraising.
The full specification for the role is in the attached role profile. In summary, the role of a Governor includes ensuring that the strategic direction of the school is defined and complying with its vision and ethos holding the school leadership team to account, in terms of performance, finances, and delivery of curriculum attendance at full governing body meetings twice per term, participation in at least one sub-committee (Resources or Curriculum) twice per term, and occasional school visits most importantly, a keen interest in the school and the ability to engage with it.
What you will get from the role:
- experience similar to that of a Trustee or Non-Executive Director
- a comprehensive professional development programme that includes finance, management, and other training opportunities,
- the opportunity to have a positive impact on the education of young pupils and their life opportunities and on the local community.
DHNPS is a high achieving school working in a challenging social and economic environment.
At our last OFSTED we were rated Good and we aspire to become Outstanding.
Appointment will be for 2 years with the option to extend.
We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience and we are fully committed to being inclusive and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our Governing Body as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities.