Position: SEND Learning Support Assistant
Salary: Scale 4, 32.5 hours, 40 weeks (£16,735 – £18,816 per annum)
The school are seeking to appoint three enthusiastic and motivated SEND Learning Support Assistants to support the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). This will involve recording and reporting attainment and progress made by the child/children to the class teacher and parents; preparing and utilising resources; and assisting the teacher to deliver a personalised and highly differentiated curriculum.
Candidates must be committed to contributing to a high quality, safe and stimulating learning experience. A positive, flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude will be essential.
Our school can offer you:
- An opportunity for you to make a real difference in the lives of children.
- A supportive school community.
- A welcoming and enthusiastic environment with a talented and dedicated staff team.
The successful candidates will need to have:
- Experience working with children in an educational setting, preferably from 0-11 years.
- Experience working with pupils with a range of SEND.
- Working knowledge of the Code of Practice for SEND and school policies relating to Special Educational Needs and Child Protection.
- Working knowledge of national curriculum and other learning programme specifically relevant to children with Social Communication difficulties and more complex needs.
- Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes and in particular, barriers to learning for children with ASD & Complex Needs.
- The ability to plan effective actions for pupils with a range of SEND, including children with Social Communication difficulties and more complex needs.
- The ability to reflect on your own professional practice and willingness to undertake additional training/staff development as appropriate.
The Devonshire Hill Nursery and Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be made of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.
Visits to Devonshire Hill are warmly encouraged and can be organised by contacting Ihesha Blackman, Receptionist, on 020 8808 2053 or by emailing email@example.com.